3.15.2011

Do you have to be from Texas to play Texas Country?

I thought it might be nice to change up the titles for "What I'm Listening To...", you know, keep it interesting.
This week, I'm listening to Wade Bowen who I think I am in love with. Or at least his music, I haven't met him in person so I'd probably be jumping the gun on falling for him.

Wade Bowen is a country artist who is most appropriately labeled as Texas Country. Which bring me to the post title, do you have to be from Texas to sing Texas Country? For those of you wondering what exactly Texas Country is, you've obviously never been to Texas. Those Texans have a lot of pride, and I can't really blame them. Texas is pretty stinking cool. And I myself have a lot of pride for my home state, Oregon, and most people only know my state as the one between Washington and California! Back to the subject, Texas Country is defined more about it's message than it's sound. It's more of an outlaw and carefree kind of music, that stays as far away from the business of Nashville as possible. And to answer the question, no you don't have to be born in Texas, though I'm pretty sure it helps, a lot.

I think the first time I ever heard a song by Wade Bowen, I was in Texas. The song was "God Bless This Town" and I had it on a mixed CD which I'm surprised I didn't run a whole through that track (if it were possible on CDs of course). I found that CD again the other day, hearing the song again prompted me to go home and buy 2 of Wade Bowen's albums and I will most likely purchase another one tonight, I am loving his music that much.

His lyrics are beautiful, you hear them and you just want to get lost in them. His voice is just amazing and his sound is undeniably good music. I am without a doubt a fan for life now. And I hope he has a new album coming out soon because I'll probably be needing more of him before too long!




The best deal on his albums is on Amazon. I love the album "If We Ever Make It Home" and I also bought the "Live at Billy Bob's" album which is a good mix of his bigger songs. I'd recommend his music for anyone who likes good country music and is tired of all the bad "country" music on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment