3.22.2011

Turnpike Troubadours

I was fortunate to score a great find this past weekend while searching for new music to my ears. It came in the form of an album by the Turnpike Troubadours called Diamonds and Gasoline. Turnpike Troubadours falls into the genre of Texas Country. Their music is updated, yet classic country. They spin stories in their songs that I found myself stopping what I was doing to listen to. Diamonds and Gasoline is their most recent album, and after buying the album, I've seen them mentioned in other's playlists. Weird how that happened, or are they just gaining momentum? I love the song "The Funeral", though the subject is nothing less than bleak, the story leaves me with goosebumps. "Long Hot Summer Day" is another fav, but I must admit picking any favorites of this album is tough because I honestly listen to the whole album all the way through, every time.

The best deal as usual, is on Amazon! Which is making me wonder how much money I wasted by buying tunes exclusively through iTunes for so long... darn you iTunes!
Speaking of iTunes, this week they released Ashton Shepherd's new EP!!! An EP for those who don't know is like an advanced preview of an album that record companies put out to see how the album/artist will do. Sometimes after an EP comes out I've noticed an album is on it's heels, while other times an album takes a lot longer to come out; I'm not sure if this has anything to do with how the EP sold, but I've got a feeling they are related. Anyway, back to Ashton Shepherd! I LOVE THIS GIRL!! Since her first album, I've been in love and I can't explain how excited I am that she has a new album coming out! Her voice is soo amazing, along with her songs and melodies and messages! I really really really really can't tell ya how much I think of her, she is just that good. So check her out too!! Buy her first album also while you wait for the new one with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment