3.06.2011

What I'm Listening To.... March 6th

Eric Church. Hot dog, if there were ever a country artist who is severly underrated, it would be Eric Church. Though he recently won "Top New Vocalist", the guys been around for 6 or 7 years that I know of! And that's just based off his first single "How Bout You". This guy is amazing. His lyrics, his music, his melodies, his voice. He seriously rocks. Currently working on/set to release his third album, Eric Church recently released his first single off it called "Homeboy".

I love the single, not only because I've thought similar messages in my mind thousands of times, but also because of the heavy guitar and rock influence that is present from the second verse on. I am such a fan of rock in country, I think rock in country is right at home. If any genre can appreciate good rock and roll, it's country. And I'm love to see more of it and less pop. Now, I'm not saying everyone needs to convert to a rock vibe, but those who like it and are good at it, should keep it up. Eric Church knows what he is doing and he solidifies that with the single "Homeboy".

I love his album Carolina, but Sinners Like Me is equally valueable. Sinners Like Me included hits like "How Bout You", "Guys Like Me" and "Two Pink Lines". But the album holds many more rich tunes such as "There Boots", and "Sinners Like Me". His second album, Carolina, produced hits that included "Love Your Love The Most", "Hell On The Heart" and his big hit "Smoke A Little Smoke".  My favorite tracks off the album are "Smoke a Little Smoke", "Carolina", "Where She Told Me To Go" and "Lotta Boot Left To Fill". I think one of the best qualities of Eric Church's music is his honesty, he really doesn't hold anything back and I love that.

To get his new single, "Homeboy", check out iTunes. And keep an eye out for his upcoming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment